For the first one, I used the negative diecut of the leaves to frame the flower.
I also made a softer, more feminine version.
This one is similar to the first, but matted with a different square.
And the last one has a diecut similar to the first one, but I embossed the background with the woodgrain IP.
If you know any tips to line up the stamps with the diecut, I'd love to hear it! I had such a hard time lining these up. Here's a couple of tips I learned when using Lovely Layers: if you stamp on the diecuts, mat them from behind with the same color paper. If your stamping isn't exactly centered on the diecut, it somewhat helps to disguise it (for example: white on white). Also, I learned this tip and it makes a huge difference: stamp in versamark ink first, then ink up your stamp. The stickiness helps to hold the ink better so you don't get gaps in your coverage.
I'm entering this set of 4 cards into A Passion for Papertrey's Anything Goes challenge! It's been awhile since I played their challenge, and it's fun to be participating again!
Also, here are some updated photos of Alexander taken today. He's almost 10 months old now. He's got two teeth on the bottom and is getting four new teeth on top. He loves to jump in his jumper and has started to stand on his own too!
The first time he's done that, haha! Guess he jumped so much he wore himself out. :)
Thanks for taking a look and have a very sunny summer day! :)